Casual; fixed-term contractor until June 2025
We are currently accepting applications for a casual facilitator role based in Ōtautahi Christchurch.
InsideOUT Kōaro is a national youth charity seeking casual facilitators to be contracted to support the delivery of rainbow and takatāpui competency training to the mental health and addiction sector. You would be part of a small team within InsideOUT working in similar roles to coordinate and deliver training for tauiwi, kaupapa Māori and Pasifika services. All workshops are delivered under a co-facilitation model.
Hours available in the contract will be on a casual basis dependent on workshop bookings, but will typically be delivered within business hours. The casual facilitator roles may suit people who engage in other contractor or part-time roles or study.
Due to the nature of this role, we are seeking applicants that identify with having lived experience as part of rainbow, takatāpui or MVPFAFF/rainbow Pasifika communities.
- Outstanding knowledge of the challenges faced by sexual, sex, and gender minorities
- Understanding of how rainbow identities and experiences intersect with other parts of ourselves e.g. culture or ability
- Knowledge of/experience working in the mental health and addictions sector or related kaupapa
- Passionate about InsideOUT’s mahi and rainbow inclusion
- Able to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds and meet them where they are
- Commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Comfortable using technology eg. Google Docs
- Proven facilitation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
InsideOUT is a growing organisation that works to support youth, whānau, schools, community groups, youth services, government agencies and other relevant organisations to provide safer schools and communities for rainbow young people. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and honouring matauranga Maori and tikanga Māori and are happy to share more about our journey with this. We value whakawhanaungatanga and understand social change takes time, we support kaimahi to work in a way that feels genuine and culturally appropriate to them.
E-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to apply. Please include your location and whether you are interested in facilitating the tauiwi, kaupapa Māori or Pasifika stream, or a combination of these. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis at this stage and we reserve the right to close applications at any point.
InsideOUT is an inclusive employer and we value diversity. Applications will be considered regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, physical or mental ability. Work hours can be flexible.