Seeking School Services Manager
Full-time permanent employment: 40 hours (negotiable if someone wanted slightly less hours)
$62,000-71,000 salary range dependent on experience
Budget for professional development and external supervision, flexible hours and remote working options.
Desired location: Wellington – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, Auckland – Tāmaki Makaurau, or Christchurch – Ōtautahi. This role is likely to involve travel from time to time.
InsideOUT is seeking a full-time School Services Manager to oversee and support our team of regional Schools Coordinators to make schools across safer places for rainbow young people.
You will have responsibility for overseeing national support and advocacy for schools and rainbow ākonga. This includes oversight and distribution of resources, our Schools Tracker database, monthly newsletters to schools, delivery of Q’D UP Aotearoa, facilitating professional development and engaging with external stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Direct management and support of School Coordinators (a team of 15 staff)
- Supporting recruitment, hiring, induction, professional development, performance reviews and exit interviews for your team members
- A role in funding reportbacks for your team’s work
- Oversee the management and reporting of our CRM/database to track interactions with schools
- Delivery of a monthly newsletter for schools
- Assist with the delivery of professional development workshops to schools as needed
- Oversee the delivery of a monthly zoom hui for rainbow young people in secondary schools
- Represent InsideOUT in external engagements with the education sector
- Take part in relevant training, meetings or other tasks to support InsideOUT’s journey to honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Support InsideOUT and your team to deliver on the annual plan and strategic plan
- Support the establishment of processes and procedures to help your team work effectively
- Able to self manage and take initiative
- Administrative skills
- Time management skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent people skills, emotional intelligence, good judgement, ability to be calm and discrete
- Experience with stakeholder engagement/external relationship building
- Strong knowledge of rainbow communities and the challenges facing rangatahi in schools, including those at the intersections of different minority experiences
- Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi, mātauranga Māori and tikanga Māori
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Comfortable with a lot of Zoom-based interactions
- Management or leadership experience, ideally in a community setting
- A proven ability to motivate and inspire staff
- Knowledge of schools/education sector
- Experience using digital tools such as Google Suite, Zoom, Asana, Slack, Mailchimp, CMR or database systems
- Experience with written reporting on your work
- Experience writing policies or process guidelines
- Facilitation experience
- Familiarity with youth work in Aotearoa
- Full driving license and own vehicle
InsideOUT is a growing organisation that works to support youth, whānau, schools, community groups, youth services, government agencies and other relevant organisations to provide safer schools and communities for rainbow young people. More information about the organisation is available on our website: insideout.org.nz
E-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6, 2022 to apply.
InsideOUT is an inclusive employer and we value diversity. Applications will be considered regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, physical or mental ability. Work hours and locations can also be flexible.